Show your students how materials and substances can change in size when the temperature changes. The Frey Scientific Ball and Ring Apparatus will help any user understand the concepts of thermal expansion (how objects increase in size in the heat) and contraction (when substances decrease in size in the cold). Unless the ball is heated or the ring cooled, the ball will fit freely and easily through the ring. Plastic handles of each ball and ring stick provide easy grip. Use this thermal expansion and contraction demonstrator for your science classes, teaching about matter changes (solids, liquids, gases), molecule changes, and more.
Brass ball and ring apparatus provides easy and interactive thermal expansion and contractor demonstrator for middle to high school students. Features
- Brass Ball & Ring Apparatus
- When both ball and ring are at room temperature, the ball will pass/fit easily through the ring
- When ball is heated up in a flame by Bunsen burner, it will expand in size and will no longer pass/fit through the ring
- When both ball and ring are heated together, the ball will again fit/pass through the ring
- Thermal expansion and contraction demonstrator is great aid for physics classes, lab work, teaching movement of molecules in a solid, and more
- Country of Origin: India
- Grade Level: Middle-High School
- Safety: Choking Hazard - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
- Allergens: Contains No Allergens
- Material: Brass